Confluence

Confluence
www.commonground.org.uk

Monday 21 May 2007

My Birthday

The sun was (almost) out. The college gardens were beautiful. Present: Jordan and Iona. Presents: none. Even though it was my birthday. My 22nd. Back in the eleven times table and feeling groovy.

The water was, for the second time this year, like cool balm. Breaststroke, backstroke, whirled marbly clouds, lying completely still and calm on my back trying to remember King Lear. Failing. Throwing and catching Charles Olson quotations across the pool with Jordan. 'An epic that refutes epic!'

Tell you? Hah! How should I tell you
how to manage the swimming?

And ineffable wet bliss moments. And Jordan in Snoopy pyjamas. And Iona being a beautiful diver. And then apple tart and arguments.


So.... Ireland.

No comments: